Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:34:53 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>
Subject:   Re: Overly restrictive checks in the make process

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 09:14:32AM -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>  Sounds like a +CONFLICTS type of issue (the MySQL client and server files
>  for instance install some libs in the same spot, so they conflict IIRC).

Not as far as I know.  "make install" in databases/mysql50-server
will cause databases/mysql50-client to get installed.  Verification
of the results:

(09:32:40 jdc@eos) ~ $ pkg_info | grep ^mysql
mysql-client-5.0.41 Multithreaded SQL database (client)
mysql-server-5.0.41 Multithreaded SQL database (server)

I think what Bill was asking about, though, was why the IGNORE in
the port is getting hit for "make fetch".  For "make" or "make install"
or other such things, it seems valid, but for fetching distdata it
seems erroneous.