Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 1995 02:01:13 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey <jhs@freebsd.org>" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        gary@palmer.demon.co.uk, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsd.ports.mk checksum

> Well, I can add a variable to make it not abort at failed checksum
> errors.  Is that ok for you?  If you take the CDROM offline, you'll
> just get a warning message.

That's sounds a usable compromise, but I'd still prefer md5 didnt forcibly
access distfiles, for ports that had already extracted succesfully.
Could you ask Gary P for his views please ?

>  * I hope it wasn't just slipped through by a minority of one ;-)
> Hey, cut these kind of garbage, ok?

Is this too close to the truth ?

Earlier you made a false assertion that I was advancing a minority view
(re. md5), & based your intransigence to change on that assertion.
If I had not debunked that assertion with a bit of gentle sarcasm,
nothing would have changed.

Questions:
	Was the extension of md5 checking to the `all' target proposed
	& discussed first, or just commited ?
	Was the author, reviewer, & committer one person ?
	Should FreeBSD ports changes have a minimum of 2 people ?
	Is anyone exempt from the 2 person rule ?

Julian S