Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2006 02:32:51 -0700
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@freebsd.org>
To:        vd@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Ade Lovett <ade@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gettext's installation path and aclocal19's search path

Both devel/autoconf* and devel/automake* are up for a major overhaul,
with appropriate wrapper scripts, in a similar manner to (insert
Linux distribution here).

At that time, auto* will become a lot easier to manage, in a similar
way to the recent libtool carnage has resulted in an easier system to
work with.

Watch this space.  It's not going to happen overnight, since changes
to such core infrastructural ports require *a lot* of testing.

- -aDe