Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 2009 07:33:06 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        hu.henry9@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X.org nv driver (xf86-video-nv-2.1.13) && Quadro FX 770M && dual screens

El día Monday, June 01, 2009 a las 03:19:49AM +0800, Henry Hu escribió:

> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 10:03 PM, Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > I'd like to use the external display of my Dell M4400 as a second X display
> > screen, with lower resolution, to connect a beamer to it and to be able to direct
> > X applications to use it with ... -display :0.1 or even just to drag the
> > application to the second display. I have no idea how to configure this.
> > Anyone has any pointer for me where to start reading about this? Is
> > this possible at all with the Quadro FX 770M and the xf86-video-nv
> > driver? The main display on LCD runs with 1920x1200 and I don't have a
> > beamer supporting this resolution.
>
> You may try the nvidia driver, since I know that you can use
> nvidia-settings to setup such things easily.

Thanks for your feedback. But I'm running 8-CURRENT and it seems that
the drivers at http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html (the latest
version is 180.51 there) doesn not support -CURRENT and the kmod of the
version in the port /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver (180.44) let X create a
confi file fine with X -configure but if you launch X with the created
config file it hardlocks the system.

Thx

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211