Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 1995 08:02:14 +0500 (GMT+0500)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        Jerry.Kendall@vmicls.com (Jerry Kendall)
Cc:        dennis@etinc.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Pentium Motherboards

> At the office(where this message is coming from), I develop on
> a SparcServer 1000 with 4(count em, 4) processors. about 30 users and
> 256 Meg of RAM. I get very good response.
>
> My Pentium at home gets even better response. Now I do my personal
> development at home. feels good to boast at work that my HOME system
> appears to give better performance. Of course, being the only one
> on the system DOES have a little to do with it.
>
> BUT, it IS the users perspective of repsonse time that counts.
>
> AM I RIGHT ?????
> AM I RIGHT ?????

A SuperSPARC/50MHz processor is approximately equal to 1.5 * Pentium/90MHz
by the processing power. Let't count what you get on your SPARC:

	4 processors * 1.5 / 30 users = 1/5 of Pentium

Your Pentium at home is REALLY faster !!! :-)

		Serge Babkin

! (babkin@hq.icb.chel.su)
! Headquarter of Joint Stock Commercial Bank "Chelindbank"
! Chelyabinsk, Russia