Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:02:20 -0600
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Wireless LAN cards?

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 10:23:53AM +0000, Wayne Pascoe wrote:

> I've not seen any desktop wireless ethernet cards. What you generally
> have to do is buy a pcmcia card and an ISA - PCMCIA converter for the
> PC. I have been warned in the past to use ISA and not PCI. I'm not
> sure if PCI is supported yet.

	I have a PCI based PCMCIA converter in one of my towers. It
   does work, and is recognised. Unfortunately, the tower is a dual
   processor box, and that does NOT work with the PCMCIA code. Sigh.
   That should, however, be fixed in 5.0, whenever that work is completed.

	The problem with ISA is that ISA slots on new boards are as
   rare as hens teeth in a mature bird...

							Bruce