Date:      Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:28:08 -0500
From:      John DeStefano <john.destefano@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 92, Issue 30

> From: Tomas Quintero <tomasq@gmail.com>
> To: "em1897@aol.com" <em1897@aol.com>
> Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:41:08 -0500
> Subject: Re: A Riddle
> I'm glad this has to deal with FreeBSD related question. Thank you for
> expanding the minds of those subscribed to this mailing list with your
> intricate question outlining in the most detail the problem you're
> having with your specific task.
I've noticed quite a bit of this crap on -questions lately, and the
worst part about it is that a lot of legitimate FreeBSD questions are
going unanwered/unnoticed in favor of inane discussions that have no
place on this list (religion vs. product logos and the like), and that
could be avoided if the valued and long-standing citizens of this list
community would steer clear of the bait being swung in front of them
by a few trolls.  It's almost as if we've been watching the demise of
a very helpful, useful community, and it's quite disappointing.  To
address the specific passage above: exactly how is your sarcastic
response any more appropriate to the list than that of the OP?

> You're either a dumbass, or a 12 year old.
Touche.  If there's anything worse than feeding the trolls, it's
remarks like this.  Regardless of what was said before, if this person
is a "12 year old", how does using the word "dumbass" in a message
make you any better than him or her?

> Many Thanks,
>
> Tomas
No, thank you.