Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 1999 12:40:20 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Leif Neland <leifn@neland.dk>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please review: rc file changes

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> What follows is a diff that presents Doug's changes (which must have
> required quite a bit of effort, thanks!) in a slightly different format
> which I think the grumpies here might prefer.
>
> Specifically, case statements look more like what a lot of folks are
> used to seeing, and conditionals that don't need to be case sensitive
> have not been converted to case statements.
>
> I think the effort which Doug has put into this is great and would make
> for a better rc. It's a pity that a few cosmetic issues generated so
> much pooh-pooh'ing. :-(

It seems to me the changes are mostly cosmetic anyway, so naturally people
complain about the cosmetics.

I don't thing the [Yy][Ee][Ss] stuff is really nessecary. This is unix,
and unix is case-sensitive. It should be obvious that the options is
either YES or NO.

Anyway, if it is so, I think readability (if that's important) could be
made by adding two functions: isyes and isno, to be used as
if isyes ${thisvariable}

case $1 of
[Yy][Ee][Ss])
  exit 0