Date:      Sat, 2 Jan 1999 21:46:32 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        "Andrey M. Fedorov" <andre@kolasc.net.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreBSD & Netvare - Is it posible?

In the last episode (Jan 02), Andrey M. Fedorov said:
> I would like to use Netvare-server's space from my FreeBSD-3.0, but I
> can`t understand how done it!  On time I heard what SAMBA can help
> with this problem, but where can I get such SAMBA and how it must be
> configured for work with Novell Netvare servers.

Samba makes a Unix box look like an NT fileserver, but won't help you
talk to a Netware server.

There are a couple of commercial programs that let FreeBSD access a
Netware server.  Netcon (www.netcon.com) sells a Netware client/server
system for FreeBSD, and Novell (www.novell.com) sells an NFS server for
Netware that lets any Unix machine mount a Netware volume over NFS.  I
can personally say that Netware NFS works, and works well.  It is
expensive though.

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com