Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2016 16:56:53 +0500
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   zvol clone diffs

Hi.

I should mention from the start that this is a question about an
engineering task, not a question about FreeBSD issue.

I have a set of zvol clones that I redistribute over iSCSI. Several
Windows VMs use these clones as disks via their embedded iSCSI
initiators (each clone represents a disk with an NTFS partition, is
imported as a "foreign" disk and functions just fine). From my opinion,
they should not have any need to do additional writes on these clones
(each VM should only read data, from my point of view). But zfs shows
they do, and sometimes they write a lot of data, so clearly facts and
expactations differ a lot - obviously I didn't take something into
accounting.

Is there any way to figure out what these writes are ? Because I cannot
propose any simple enough method.

Thanks.
Eugene.