Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 2010 12:14:54 -0400
From:      Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
To:        Attilio Rao <attilio@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: camcontrol rescan all - locks system

On 8/28/2010 12:07 PM, Attilio Rao wrote:
> Can you use procstat on the camcontrol?

The system is completely unresponsive.

> Is this problem easilly reproducible for you?

I believe so.  I have seen this behavior before, on another system.

FYI, I went to the console to reboot.  CTL-ALT-DEL had no [immediate]
effect.  Then I hit the power button.  Then these messages started
appearing every 20 seconds on the console:

swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: bufobj: 0, blkno: 928, size 4096

Screen shot here:

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/20922021@N04/4934586561/

I will probably power cycle the system to get it back.  Given that the
system goes unresponsive if I do an camcontrol, what debugging can I
provide?

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/