Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 21:25:44 -0400
From:      andrews@technologist.com
To:        elb@best.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: rsaref-2.0

At 02:36 PM 10/27/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm trying to install rsaref in order to install SSL.
>This was a lot of globe hopping for this file. Is the Makefile out of
>date?
>Where can I get the appropriate file?
>
># make install
>>> rsaref20.1996.tar.Z doesn't seem to exist on this system.
>>> Attempting to fetch from
>ftp://utopia.hacktic.nl/pub/replay/pub/crypto/LIBS/rsa/.
>fetch: utopia.hacktic.nl: Not logged in

This site seems to me the only place you CAN actually get the rsaref
libraries. I had a hell of a time getting it off there because it only
lets 50 people on at once and is almost always full. Go figure.

I found that it was supposed to be available also on
	ftp://ftp.replay.com/pub/crypto/,
	ftp://ftp2.replay.com/pub/crypto/,
but never could get on those sites either.

If I had a nice fast site in Canada, I'd get it up there one way or
another. It's my belief that those libraries are export restricted
and thus I can't put it on my ISP's webserver. So it'd have to go on
some international server. Alas, I have access to no such thing. If
someone with such access could put the rsaref libraries on their
server and get the site added to the rsaref port's MASTER_SITES,
that would make a world of a difference...

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>