Date:      Mon, 19 Dec 94 10:54:10 MEZ
From:      Kees Jan Koster <dutchman@spase.nl>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org

Hi There,

I haven't got the foggiest idea who's gonna read this mail, so I'll
address it to a mr. H There. Sorry for that.

I ran into a couple of cheap ethernet cards (free in fact) and I'd
like to know if they're supported by FreeBSD. I'll list the ones that
were not burnt out :-).

  card name:            Manufacturer:             Biggest chip on board:

  PCnic (16 bits)       IMC networks              DP8390DN
  ??                    Corman Custom Elec. Corp  COM9026
  LCS-8634 (rev 2a)     ??                        DP8390BN
  isolink pc-at contr.  BICC data networks        AM7990PC/80

Can anyone tell me
  - how to install any of the above cards
  - where to get drivers or patches for these cards

I found that the FreeBSD kernel (al least the one I use) can be config'ed
to run the DS8390 chip. Does this mean that
  - any card with a DS8390 chip on it can be used?
  - the kernel will also support the DP8390 chip, for example on the PCnic?

Thanks for reading this mail so far. Hope you can help me.

  Kees Jan

Kees Jan Koster: dutchman@spase.nl (after 31 december: ux005489@tfarn.nl)
Happy Christmas and a merry new year. May your computer never hang in '95.