Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:36:26 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Odd card removal events on stable

In message <200109141808.f8EI8jR20036@ptavv.es.net> "Kevin Oberman" writes:
: /kernel: wi0: timeout in wi_seek to fc80/0; last status ffff
: /kernel: wi0: timeout in wi_seek to fc80/0; last status ffff

These happen.  The wi driver tries to access its hardware in its
detach routine when in fact the hardware is no longer actually there.

: dhclient: receive_packet failed on wi0: Device not configured

This is a bug in dhclient.

: I know that this is rather old, but I've been unable to upgrade since
: then due to unexpected medical problems and, until I can make a backup
: of my running system, I'm unwilling to risk breaking it as my laptop
: is my only link to the net for another week or two.

Try the upgrade.  It should be good.  However, you can test before
jumping in by building just a new kernel, copying it to, say,
/tmp/kernel and booting it to see if that works better/worse for you.

Warner