Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 2015 08:05:34 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /etc/pccard_ether && assigning IP and routing

Hello,

I own an Ubuntu phone BQ E4.5 and when I attach this on USB to my
FreeBSD netbook the devd(8) launches

/etc/pccard_ether ue0 start

which works fine and the interface ue0 comes UP. I'd like to run an
additional script to assign IP via dhcclient, establish a default
route and restart sendmail. I do this manually as root with a script:

#!/bin/sh
#
# change routing (...) to the Ubuntu phone BQ Aqaris E4.5
#

ifconfig ue0 || {
    printf "interface ue0 not found -- exit.\n"
    exit 1
}

ifconfig wlan0 down
route delete default

killall dhclient
rm -f /etc/resolv.conf
dhclient ue0

/etc/rc.d/sendmail stop
sleep 3
/etc/rc.d/sendmail start

I found no way with devd(8) hooks to run this script when interface ue0
comes up. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."