Date:      Thu, 05 Oct 2000 06:28:01 -0700
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bridged vmnet make NIS go berzerk killing servers with icmp msgs

Palle Girgensohn wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Sorry for crossposting, but I'm not certain wheather this is -net or
> -emulation; probably both...

I see a similar failure every once in a while on FreeBSD machines that
are NIS clients that are not running vmware, though it sounds to me like
you are seeing it a lot more frequently.

I can sometimes precipitate this by disconnecting an NIS client from the
net briefly, using NIS, then reconnecting it. It ends up in the icmp
supression state and the only way out is the history eraser button.

Our master is a Solaris 2.x x86 machine, though.