Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:50:06 -0500
From:      "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
To:        'Haikal Saadh' <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>, Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: BSD software [was Re: The Bazaar part II]

I would say you need to spawn a site off either, but there need to be more
sites. People want choices variety. People are greedy and want to be able to
sustain that greed whether it's for food, knowledge, money or what have you.

I would be leery of a daemon news/ freshmet venture, it could do more harm
then good making FreeBSD just another Linux Distro.

Look at this site http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~conradp/linux/test.html .
Every link here is Linux. Linux Magazines, Clothing tons and tons of Linux
only stuff. This is what I mean by need more web sites, more diversity in
the sites. The Ports Tree is a wonderful thing, but if you want to take the
FreeBSD market where the Linux market is the more pre-compile binaries need
to be available. Not everyone wants to download the entire ports collection
and do builds via a network connections. It all depends on what market your
targeting what type of additions need to be made. Myself I like the world
domination scope of attack.