Date:      Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:57:32 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        Takahashi Yoshihiro <nyan@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        re-builders@freebsd.org, bmah@freebsd.org, re@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.0-RC3

Takahashi Yoshihiro wrote:

> In article <3E1DDF76.9010407@btc.adaptec.com>
> Scott Long  writes:
>

> >Soeren submitted a rather vague MFC
> >request for the ata driver, but hasn't reponded to my queries to be
> >more specific.  It's probably ok to go ahead without waiting for
> >him.
>

> The changes fix critical bugs for pc98.  So, I hope that these are in
> RC3.
>
> ---
> TAKAHASHI Yoshihiro

Ok, I'm in a bit of a tight spot here.  Soeren never responded to my
request for more information about his MFC, and I'm pretty sure
that he's in bed now and won't be awake for another 4-5 hours.
Waiting for him means that the builds won't start until very late
tonight (here in the US), which risks that they won't actually get
started until tomorrow.  Also, past FreeBSD releases have suffered
from last-minute changes by Soeren, unfortunately.  I hate to hold
up RC3 any more, but I also fear allowing him to MFC changes
after RC3.

Since some of his changes are probably critical, maybe we should
hold up RC3 until Jan 10, 0001PST (7 hours from now).  That
should give Soeren enough time to document his request, get it
reviewed, and then check it in.

Comments?

Scott