Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2006 00:30:08 -0700
From:      "Chris - WEBignite" <sales@webignite.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Problems with ipfw and ssh

I've actually just started seeing this same error. I do have a rule set for
local 127.0.0.1 and an allow for layer2 traffic.

Oct 11 23:59:02 firewall sshd[49200]: fatal: Write failed: Permission denied

I get this error when updating my firewall rules via ssh. Any current ssh
connections are dropped, but I'm able to reinitiate a new connection without
trouble.

-Chris