Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 09:41:35 +0000
From:      Daniel de Rauglaudre <daniel.de_rauglaudre@inria.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   May I be inspired by your license for my product?

Hello,

Sorry if people often ask you this question, but I would like to change
the license for my product (Camlp4, a preprocessor for the language
Ocaml, free of charge distributed with the sources), and I would know if
I am allowed to be inspired by the "FreeBSD Copyright" I found at:

  http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/freebsd-license.html

changing BSD into INRIA (my company)?

Because this text is copyrighted, "All Rights reserved" moreover.

I had decided to use the GPL, but people are telling me it is too
restrictive, e.g. forbidding people to add it in commercial packages,
what I don't want to forbid, even if Camlp4 is free.

Thanks.

--
Daniel de RAUGLAUDRE
daniel.de_rauglaudre@inria.fr