Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 1996 00:01:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jeff Haynes <jeff@seventy7.com>
Subject:   2.1 slattach and mgetty

I am having a problem using slattach with mgetty running.

If I run slattach without mgetty, everything connects fine...

I have a ZyXel 1496E+ irf that makes a difference...

I am running slattach with uucp locking.

When I 1st start slattach I get the following error message:

slattach[343]: SIGHUP on /dev/ttyd0 (sl-1); running /usr/local/bin/expsend -SH -G 2048 -F10 -P 2588827 -L /var/slip/frshaire.expsend -t /dev/ttyd0 /etc/config/slip/frshaire.expsend

I'm not sure why the unit number is "-1", but it eventually gets set correctly.

I think the problem is that when slattach starts and creates the lock
file it quickly releases the line because of the wrong unit number.  mgetty then
thinks that the line is free and takes the line again. slattach however then
gets a correct unit number and tries to redial; but mgetty has the line now...

Anybody havea similar problem or know a solution?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
--
Jeff Haynes