Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 1996 07:10:48 -0500
From:      dubois@primate.wisc.edu (Paul DuBois)
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de (Christoph Kukulies)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netatalk docs

Christoph Kukulies writes:
> Are there any docs for NETATALK? From my understanding it implements
> the address familiy APPLETALK in the kernel.
>
> How do I create shares?
> What else useful can I do with this?

The distribution contains a set of manual pages.  There are also a number
of Web pages around that people have created.  Mine are available under
http://www.primate.wisc.edu/people/dubois/mklinux.  As you can guess, they
describe setting up netatalk under MkLinux specifically; however most of the
information should be fairly general-purpose, and the pages contain pointers
to other good sources of information.

netatalk allows you to make UNIX file systems visible to Macintosh clients.
You can also make printers on an AppleTalk network available to the UNIX
lpr system.  (I.e., netatalk is something like Samba for Macintoshes.)

--
Paul DuBois
dubois@primate.wisc.edu