Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 17:45:14 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        reyes01@ibm.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to install Kernell sources?

> I was reading the handbook section in building a new kernel.
> It mentions that if one does not have the sources to look at the
> section that tells how to install packages. Is this refering to
> pkg_manage or to the install one uses to install FreeBSD?
> I tried pkg_manage and that does not seem to be it. If it
> is the installation one does to install FreeBSD how does one
> install the sources for the kernel only without affecting the
> current cunfiguration?

The simplest way to do this is to grab the ssys.aa - ssys.an files and
the install.sh script from the src directory on ftp.freebsd.org and do

# ./install.sh ssys

(If you've got the CDROM, you can do this in the /cdrom/dists/src
directory without having to copy them anywhere first).

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk