Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2001 10:43:38 -0500
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linmodem on freebsd

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 10:49:15PM +1030, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On 10-Nov-2001 Dinesh Nair wrote:
> >  just a little wondering if there're any updates the the linmodem shim for
> >  freebsd 4.4-stable. it worked like a charm under 4.3-stable, but stopped
> >  working altogether when i cvsupped and built 4.4-stable.
>
> It would be nice if ports could hook into the module build to avoid problems
> like this :)

It would be even nicer if it could be updated to use version 6.0 + of the
linmodem driver.  I've seen a report on a linux web site that 6.0 works with
the modem in my Toshiba 2805-s201.  I think I would be willing to give up
the clock cycles to run the linmodem to not have to carry this pcmcia card.
:-)

--
Scott Lambert          KC5MLE            Unix SysAdmin -- Looking for work.
lambert@lambertfam.org       http://www.lambertfam.org/~lambert/resume.html