Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 02:09:05 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Michael Wardle <michael.wardle@adacel.com>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: inconsistent use of data units

On 2002-02-21 10:53, Michael Wardle wrote:

> There is a standard on how to represent data sizes here:
> http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
>
> I suggest that the document is updated to consistently use this standard.
>
> Also note, that there should always be a space between the number and
> the unit (e.g. "640 kB, not "640kB").

/me votes for &nbsp; and fires up browser to that page.

I would prefer &nbsp; for only one reason.  It would seem rather awkward to
read lines like:

	... You have to create a swap partition at least 64
	Mb for this to work...

with the number at the end of a line, and the units at the beginning of the
next line.

Giorgos Keramidas                           FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}      http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/