Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 2001 11:41:36 -0800
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net>
To:        Current@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Interesting "man" error.  Current today.

With this morning's make world, I get the following error with man. I've checked
six different machines with slightly different cvsup and build times and using
different cvsup locations.  They all coincide.

FreeBSD dsl.mexcomusa.net 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Fri Jan 19
07:52:22 PST 2001     root@dsl.mexcomusa.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/WIC
i386

compiled this morning:

/usr/local/etc/openldap # ls -l /usr/bin/man
-r-sr-xr-x  1 man  wheel  27768 Jan 28 07:11 /usr/bin/man

ERROR:

/usr/local/etc/openldap # man slapd.conf
Formatting page, please wait...Syntax error: "(" unexpected (expecting ")")
Failed.
pclose: Device not configured
Formatting page, please wait...Syntax error: "(" unexpected (expecting ")")
Failed.
pclose: Undefined error: 0
Syntax error: "(" unexpected (expecting ")")
Error executing formatting or display command.
system command exited with status 512
No manual entry for slapd.conf

I also have a problem with my laptop that built world at the same time.  Because
of the above, I decided to restart it to put the kernel and programs in sync to
see if that was causing the error.  Murphy caught me in the act and my laptop
now hangs on boot:-(  I haven't tried rebooting any of the other machines, yet.)

I get:

FreeGSD/i386 bootstra loader, Revision 1.0
(root@laptop.mexcomusa.net, Sun Jan 28 05:29:35 PST 2001)

/boot/kernel/kernel text=0x19af2a data=0x44224+0x1ba34
syms=[0x4+0x2b6c0+0x4+0x3344c]

I had to right this and bring it to the office to send the email so there could
be errors in the typing.

I now have my laptop cvsuping again with an old kernel.

Thanks,

ed
--
EnContacto.Net - InternetSalon.Org - CafeMania.Net