Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:33:27 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Kyle Allender <kallender@completecomputing.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: subversion 1.4.4_1: svnserve.in missing

On 2007-09-10 07:20, Kyle Allender <kallender@completecomputing.com> wrote:
> Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> ===>  Installing for subversion-1.4.4_1
>>> ** Missing /usr/ports/devel/subversion/files/svnserve.in for
>>> subversion-1.4.4_1.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> The path to `svnserve.in' points to the `files/' subdirectory of the
>> `devel/subversion' port.  You seem to be missing parts of the Ports
>> tree:
>>
>> root@kobe:/usr/ports/devel/subversion# ls -l files/svnserve.in
>> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  - 824 Jul 18 11:03 files/svnserve.in
>> root@kobe:/usr/ports/devel/subversion#
>>
>> Try to CVSup your /usr/ports tree once more, and see if you will then
>> get the missing file.
>
> I had used portsnap to retrieve the changes earlier and you were
> correct - for some reason it had not retrieved the files subdirectory.
> subversion now builds and has been installed with the latest port
> version:  1.4.4_1.

Cool :)

> However, when trying to use subversion to checkout a known good
> repository, I receive this error now:
>
> sia# svn co http://svn.calendarserver.org/repository/calendarserver/CalendarServer/trunk CalendarServer
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libkrb5.so: Undefined symbol "initialize_asn1_error_table_r"

I think you have to rebuild subversion and all its dependencies to
resolve this.  You ran a build which includes Kerberos support, some of
the subversion dependencies compiled correctly and reference symbols
from /usr/lib/libkrb5.so and now subversion was compiled with different
options.

> I have followed the advice here:
> http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39998

This is fairly incomplete and somewhat misleading advice.

What you should try is to rebuild subversion and all its dependencies
with the -R and -f option of portupgrade:

    portupgrade -vu -N -R -f subversion

The critical options here are -R and -f, which will *force* a rebuild of
subversion and _all_ the ports on which subversion depends, using the
same options.  This should result in a working subversion binary.

- Giorgos