Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:35:50 -0400
From:      Dennis Cheung <prophetx2@home.com>
To:        Steve Tremblett <sjt@cisco.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ARRGH Netscape stinks!

On Monday 16 July 2001 09:01, Steve Tremblett wrote:
> Is there ANY alternative to Netscape?  I'm running Linux Netscape 4.77
> and I'm fed up with having it freeze or crash every hour.  Is the
> native Netscape any better?  Is there another alternative?  I've tried
> Mozilla, but it crashed on the first site I went to, so I deinstalled
> it.
>
> Any suggestions?  (please no jokers suggesting lynx! :)

I used have the same problem until a friend recommended Opera 5 to me.  It
works great and it rarely crashes on me.  The only problem is you give up
some of the cooler features of Netscape such as the flash plugins and a few
other things.  Opera works great and renders just as fast as Netscape if not
faster!  It's in your ports collection: /usr/ports/www/linux-opera.

=Dennis