Date:      Wed, 29 May 1996 12:55:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      rhh@ct.picker.com (Randall Hopper)
To:        durang@u.washington.edu (Ken Marsh)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot Manager not working.

 >I just installed BSD on hd1. hd0 is all DOS. When I went to boot, I got
 >this:
 >
 >NO ROM BASIC
 >
 >SYSTEM HALTED

Can't speak about BootEasy, but I have FreeBSD 2.1.0 running off hd1
(wd1) via OS/BS.  Works great.  Sounds like you just need to pick a
favorite boot manager and install it on your hd0.

With DOS on hd0 that should be no problem -- DOS partitions give you
plenty of room at the front of the disk to install OS/BS or whatever
boot manager you prefer.

See ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/tools/dos-tools/osbs*.exe

As an aside, OS/BS is pretty nice.  Actually, I have it
multibooting off DOS and FreeBSD 2.0.5 on wd0, FreeBSD 2.1.0 and
some old Linux version on wd1, and off my ZIP drive on sd0.

Randy Hopper
rhh@ct.picker.com