Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 1996 11:15:15 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
Cc:        davidg@root.com, John Dyson <dyson@dyson.iquest.net>, hsu@clinet.fi (Heikki Suonsivu), freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vm work helps

>>>Chiming in here:  David, do you think that this could be a kernel
>>>stack space problem?

>>   No. My analysis of wcarchive showed that stack growth never exceeds
>>2.6KB. I'm guessing that Heikki is using the "MMAP" option(s) in innd and is
>>stumbling over (kernel) bugs because of it.

>I have repeatedly hit another problem, CCD seems to screw up if you use
>shared libraries stored on a striped partition.  This would maybe also
>affect other kinds of access with or without mmap in the loop.

Could you be more specific about how and when ccd screws up in this
situation?  I've been running my entire /usr (shared libraries, bins,
and all) on ccd for almost a year.  Granted, it's NetBSD, but they're
not *that* different, are they?

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.