Date:      Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:58:37 -0300
From:      "Cesar" <listas@itm.net.br>
To:        <freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: String Match

Its not a bad ideia since I see a lot of people searching for P2P traffic
control/shaper.

I'm operating an ISP with 3000 broadband users ... And yes. I can call they
untrusted, but this is not the point.

With ipfw I can do per IP traffic shaping, but what about if I can limit a
IP in 256kbps and say that this IP will be able to use only 128Kbps for P2P
traffic.
As I said, I do this nowadays creating rules based on P2P ports, as well as
m0n0wall do. However it is not efficient as iptables is.

I tried a linux based system ( Mikrotik ) to limit P2P and it matched almost
100% of P2P traffic ... And as I know, ipfw can't do this.

And maybe this kind of string match can become useful to other things.

Cesar