Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:07:08 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Andrea 'simplex' Zulato <simplex@twopenguins.it>
Cc:        =?windows-1251?B?yOv8/yDA7eTw5eXi?= <admin@aivus.name>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Gerrit Beine <gerrit.beine@gmx.de>
Subject:   Re: Unrealircd problems with last patch

--IrhDeMKUP4DT/M7F

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:52:02AM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 08:24:38AM +0200, Andrea 'simplex' Zulato wrote:
> > Hi, i've upgraded c-ares and Unreal from ports but Unreal won't work.
> > It start without a problem but when someone try to connect to the server
> > it crash with a core dump error:
> > Jun 16 09:03:33 hazard kernel: pid 57652 (ircd), uid 0: exited on signal
> > 11 (core dumped)
> > I've tried to recompile unreal and c-ares whitout any result ("make
> > install" finish without problems on both ports).
> > If there's something that i could try, please tell me...
> > I'm on a FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-p1 #0.
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I've CC'd Gerrit Beine (the actual maintainer of the irc/unreal port :)
> and Ilya Andreev, who reported the same problem to me yesterday.
>=20
> Some time ago, I sent my proposed c-ares update for testing to all
> the maintainers of ports that depend on c-ares directly.  My patches
> made the ports compile, but I didn't have the proper setup to actually
> test them working, since I'm not quite familiar with the programs
> themselves.  Thus, I asked the maintainers for help with testing, and
> after nobody replied for a week or so, I went ahead and commited the upda=
te.
>=20
> Now Ilya Andreev and you have both hit a problem with UnrealIRCd,
> and Ilya seems to have found a solution.  Could you try putting
> the attached patch-res.c into the irc/unreal/files/ directory and
> rebuilding UnrealIRCd?  If this patch helps, I could commit it if
> Gerrit Beine does not mind.

Actually, here's another patch from Ilya who wrote to me privately
to say that the previous one didn't quite work.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
This would easier understand fewer had omitted.

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s--

--IrhDeMKUP4DT/M7F

--IrhDeMKUP4DT/M7F--