Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 1995 18:58:19 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Amir Y. Rosenblatt" <amir@neuron.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: page fault - 2.0.5 debugger output

>I suppose that this makes it an ifconfig error, but I didn;t see anything
>in the archives refering to special ifconfig flags for the Intel
>EtherExpress 16 card (as opposed to the link 0 info that's there for the
>3Com 3C509 cards).  Any ideas?
>
>	-Amir

The intel etherexpress is really picky about how its talked to.  You
should disable all other device probes that touch the i/o area of your
adapter.  If its at 0x300, that would be ed0, ed1, ep0, wt0, mcd0, and
mcd1.  It may also be because ifconfig operations are not protected
by spl calls in the driver.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  Software Developer - Walnut Creek CDROM