Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 2010 17:24:18 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>, Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ichwd causes freeze instead of reset

At 05:09 PM 8/21/2010, Stefan Bethke wrote:

>I guess what I'm looking for is some confirmation that ichwd is
>working properly on this particular hardware: Asus Pundit P4 P5G41
>with a G41 chipset.

Dont know about that particular MB implementation, but I have a
number of various ICH7 based boards where ichwd works as
expected.  The freeze could some something as simple as the box is
waiting for keyboard input at the BIOS prompt, or the BIOS option
after a watchdog reset is to power off.... However, I have only seen
that option in later boards.

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike@sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike