Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2000 21:30:17 -0700
From:      Guy Harris <gharris@flashcom.net>
To:        Bart van Leeuwen <bart@ixori.demon.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ADSL

> I'd like to have a pointer to dedicated adsl cards btw, might be
> usefull, maybe someone out there has an url or so?

	http://www.alcatel.com/telecom/asd/keytech/adsl/adsl/modem/pc.htm

"The Alcatel Speed Touch PC is an internal ADSL modem, which
conveniently plugs into any desktop computer, eliminating the need for
an external modem.  The Speed Touch PC connects to a telephone line via
a standard RJ-11 connector and fully complies to practices governing the
PC world (e.g.  plug 'n play).  The Speed Touch PC supports DMT
(Discrete Multi-Tone) modulation to ensure interoperability with service
providers' DSL systems."

Plugs into the PCI bus and into your phone line.  (It's not what I'm
using; I have an older Alcatel modem that plugs into an Ethernet
connection - or can also plug into an "ATMF-25" interface, presumably
getting handed ATM cells from the computer.