Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 22:36:12 -0500
From:      dkelly@HiWAAY.net
To:        Alex Weeks <Alex_Weeks@capitalland.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: file system full

Alex Weeks writes:

> I am getting the following message on my console and in my daily log file.
>
> pid 988 (mail.local), uid 0 on /: file system full
>
> but, df returns the following:
>
> /dev/sd0a	50%
> /dev/sd0s1f	11%
> /dev/sd1	56%
> procfs		100%

Where do you have those filesystems mounted? Am guessing sd0a is root,
sd0s1f is /usr. Where is /var? You really should have a /var with a
comfortable amount of space to handle incoming mail, output print jobs,
and other interesting things.

Its not too hard to spit out a 20M or 30M Postscript file when printing
from Netscape.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net