Date:      Fri, 6 Jan 2006 20:07:11 +0100
From:      Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
To:        Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, ale@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Re: FreeBSD Port: security/courier-authlib-base (rc.d changes problem)]

Mike Jakubik wrote:

> Oliver Lehmann wrote:
> > Ok it just came to my mind that if I'm not mistaken 6 still uses the
> > "old" way which means rcorder is not involved here - or am I wrong? If so
> > please someone correct me.
> >

> I am running 6.0-STABLE #0: Sat Dec 31 19:40:32 EST 2005, not -RELEASE.
> There have been changes committed to it that update RC to use new style
> boot scripts from the local_startup directories. This can be found in
> the thread "HEADS UP: MFC of local_startup changes to rc.d complete"
> under stable.

Ok, you are right, it is also stated in the 20051220 entry
of /usr/src/UPDATING where I was right looking at now. So this means,
the mysql-client.sh script needs to be converted to rcNG to get
authdaemond working because it adds the /usr/local/lib/mysql path to the
lib search path so authdaemond is able to find libmysqlclient.so.14....

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/