Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:32:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <doemill@shocking.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Modem Init String for US Robotics

What I mean is like, I was issued the instructions for /etc/ppp/sconnect
thats called from /etc/ppp/options, to have this in sconnecT:
#!/bin/sh
chat ABORT BUSY ABORT ERROR "" AT"<MODEM INIT STRING>" OK
ATDT8924700 CONNECT

yet "ATZ OK" doesnt work, "ATZ" doesnt work, It will either not dial at
all, or my modem will click and hum and scream...