Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:36:00 +0200
From:      Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev@moneybookers.com>
To:        Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
Cc:        multimedia-list freebsd <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>, beech@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Skype-1.4 on 6.2 (and 7.0-BETA1)

Hi Jan,

Jan Henrik Sylvester wrote:
> Before, I had skype-1.2.0.18_4 on 6.2, which worked.
>
> Today, I portupgraded to skype-1.4.0.118.
>
> Now I only get: "Call Failed. Problem with Audio Playback".
>
> I killed artsd and increased hw.snd.maxautovchans and autovchans, but
> nothing helped.
>
> Is the new version of Skype supposed to work on 6.2-RELEASE?
>
> For comparison, I rebooted into my test install of 7.0-BETA1 and
> installed skype-1.4.0.118 there. Starting skype gave me:
>
> skype: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/librt.so.1: ELF
> file OS ABI invalid
>
> I solved that problem with a solution from emulation (about matlab):
>
> compat.linux.osrelease: 2.4.2 -> 2.4.20
>
> Is this expected? (I guess this question should go on emulation.)
>
> Anyhow, sound works on 7.0-BETA1.
20071030:
  AFFECTS: users of net/skype
  AUTHOR: beech@FreeBSD.org

  The skype port has been upgraded to version 1.4.0.118. This requires a
sysctl
  change to run. After upgrading, please do: "sysctl
compat.linux.osrelease=2.6"
  from a terminal. Also add: "compat.linux.osrelease=2.6" to your
  /etc/sysctl.conf  to make this change at boot time. Also,
net/skype-devel has
  been removed from the ports tree. All skype users are encouraged to
update to
  the latest version.

I personally jumped for linux_base-f7 and linuxolator 2.6, I have
installed and linux_dri
and new skype seems to work perfect.

I only once saw some warning about inotify call not implemented or
something like this ...