Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:46:00 -0000
From:      Dennis Berger <Dennis.Berger@BSDsystems.de>
To:        pf4freebsd@freelists.org
Subject:   [pf4freebsd] Re: pfaltq-fbsd merge

pf-r@solarflux.org wrote:

>Hi,
>
>ok, now I'm starting to get interested in this...  Is the functionality the same
>now as pf 1.61 + ALTQ 0.4.1?  Any differences?  Also, what's the best way to
>remove the separate pieces completely before installing the merged offering?

1. It's clean design because we removed lots of reduntant code pfaltq
for example...
2. we introduced latest ALTQ from kame altq 0.4.2 was based on altq
shipped with altq-freebsd-release-5.0
3. the versions are PF 1.61 + latest fixes in CVS (upcoming 1.62) +
latest ALTQ from kame
4. adding pf+altq to the basesystem ist much easier... hopefully

Regards,
    Dennis