Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 1996 18:32:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jason Parsons <jparsons@dreamscape.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dynamic ip?

I have heard that there is a way to register a system name on a dynamic ip.  I was wondering if you know anything about that.  For instance, my machine name is "Saffron" and I am on dreamscape.com.  I dialup and login, with dreamscape's server assigning me an ip.  Is there a way so that while I am logged in, that ip  will be addressable as saffron.dreamscape.com???  Thanks in advance for any insight.  I know very little about the hierarchy or name registration.

Jason