Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:26:14 +0100
From:      Pierre Beyssac <beyssac@enst.fr>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IDE CDROM not found with PIIX4 chipset, -current kernel

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 04:20:20PM +1100, Bruce Evans wrote:
> doesn't see the slave, and control passes to the atapi probe which does
> support cdrom drives.  It works worst with a cdrom master and no slave.

Sadly, that's exactly the out-of-the-box Dell configuration: 2
disks on the first IDE, just a CDROM on the second IDE.

I'd have changed the hardware configuration to swap the second disk
with the CDROM, but I thought it would be much better if it could
be made to work, since it apparently can...
--
Pierre Beyssac		pb@enst.fr