Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2012 13:19:55 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   DRM2/KMS Hangs/Panics/Reboots

I've been using the new DRM2/intelKMS modules on a laptop while performing
high load tasks like buildworld with -j 8 on a two core machine with two
threads per core. I've also been running high I/O tasks, e.g. backups, on
the same system at other times. I've noticed artifacts, colours changing
within one window (a gnome-terminal), panics, reboots, and hangs. No X
activity was being performed by myself at the time, I was working on
another computer connected to a KVM switch, switching back every so often
to check on the status of my batch-like jobs.

I haven't collected any diagnostic info yet, just reporting my experience
at the moment to see if anyone else has experienced this.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>