Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 1995 09:16:54 -0600
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        bertus@mikom.csir.co.za
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: syslog to printer

    Bertus> Hi, i'm looking for something or someway whereby the
    Bertus> syslog could be directed to a printer rather than to a
    Bertus> file.

Although not as attractive, here's a hardware solution: use a serial
port as the console and attach a printing terminal; or a Wyse or other
terminal that can log all I/O through to a printer.  I set up such an
installation at one site and it proved to be quite effective to find
out what was going wrong at odd hours.

--k