Date:      11 Jun 2001 13:47:30 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache proxy pass / rewrite question

Hi all,

I have two servers both with the same content. This used to all be on
one server. We want all requests to the CMS for editing to be passed
to the second server now.

The problem with this is that we would have two pages as follows:

http://www.oursite.com/location/
and
http://www.oursite.com/location/?view=edit

The first one should not be proxy passed or rewritten and should be
served straight from that server. The second one should be proxypassed
to http://staging.oursite.com/location/?view=edit

While I can pass
http://www.oursite.com/location/
quite easily, I can't work out how to let that one be served from the
live server and serve only requests with a ? after the / from the
staging server.

I've tried
proxypass /location/? http://staging.oursite.com/location/?

and