Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 1996 22:34:36 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: last in -current

As Vincent Poy wrote:

> > > 34.98.181        erin207.  $^*t^ttyp2    Wed Dec 31 16:00   still logged
> > > in
> >
> > Have you rebuilt last(1) after the recent utmp.h changes?

> So I would agree with you about the last should be backwards compatible.

:-)

I think we're more headed towards a migration tool.  My system ain't
fully -current again, once it is, i'm in an urgent need to write the
tool.  If possible at all, i'll try to write it with some heuristics
so it can also migrate wtmp's that have trailing records written using
the new scheme.

--
cheers, J"org