Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 1999 11:23:46 -0700
From:      "Derek Jewett" <djewett@snowcrest.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   More NFS ignorance...

I am running 3.0-R and I need to NFS mount it from a handfull of PC's
running NT. So following the man page and some tips, in a hurry I ran the
following at the server (FBSD box): nfsd -u -t -n 4 ....and mountd -r

I created an exports file (/etc/exports) and entered in my host as a test
like so;

/usr/home/ftp45/files -alldirs 192.168.21.75

Problem: i am unable to mount this export from anywhere, I even tried
mounting it from the BSD box itself, and it just hung.

I ran the following:

nfsiod -n 4
mount bsdserver:/usr/home/ftp45/files /mnt

I get a bunch of goofy authentication errors from the NT client machines.
Anyone got any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? I looked in the inetd.conf
and saw an entry in there for the pcnfsd, but it stated I must be running
PORTMAPPER and I found no man page for portmapper.. please help! thanks!