Date:      Sun, 5 Apr 2020 08:50:32 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        ajtiM <starikarp@dismail.de>
Cc:        Serpent7776 <serpent7776@gmail.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: qt5-webengine

On Sun, 5 Apr 2020 at 06:46, ajtiM via freebsd-ports
<freebsd-ports@freebsd.org> wrote:
[...]
> I did use Synth but all the time compile so many ports and I stop and
> switched back to portmaster. But if I hav problem than I have a problem
> something related to KDE. I am using Openbox. I deleted re2 and all
> ports related and I hope it is done with KDE.

The reason why synth and poudriere compiles so many ports is to avoid
the problem that you're now experiencing. It makes sure that all the
packages you use are in a consistent state, while building in a clean
environment. Frankly speaking, if you're compiling your own ports, you
have to use either synth or poudriere; anything else will cost you
time hunting down broken dependencies.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>