Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:24:40 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org, kris@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftp-master rsync problems?

--pAwQNkOnpTn9IO2O

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 02:25:38PM -0500, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> <<On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:21:45 -0500 (EST), mirror@xyz.lcs.mit.edu said:
>=20
> > deleting ports/distfiles/zziplib-0.10.11.tar.gz
>=20
> [then it went on to delete some 4,544 other distfiles]
>=20
> What happened?  Distfiles should never, ever be deleted, unless you
> can prove that no release of FreeBSD ever shipped with a package based
> on that source.

There was a problem with the build scripts which caused it to upload
RESTRICTED ports and distfiles to the ftp site, which should never
ever be done since it's usually been marked RESTRICTED for license
reasons.

I deleted all the distfiles created in the past 10 days, and then
uploaded a 'sanitized' set where I'd been sure to make sure they'd all
been deleted.  It might have missed some, but they'll be caught in
future runs.

> [then it got a tiny fraction of that]
>=20
> > ports/i386/packages-4-stable/All/anjuta-0.1.9.tgz
> > rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer
> > rsync error: received SIGUSR1 or SIGINT (code 20) at rsync.c(229)
> > rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(152)
>=20
> rsync has been falling over like this on every update for the past
> several days.

That much isn't my doing..I don't have root on ftp-master.  rsync does
need to be upgraded there though, because it's running an insecure
version.

Kris

--pAwQNkOnpTn9IO2O

--pAwQNkOnpTn9IO2O--