Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:11:10 -0500
From:      Adam McLaurin <adam.mclaurin@gmx.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: www/linux-plugginwrapper broken

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 07:32:45 -0800
Keith Davis <shadowcrest@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Makefile", line 59: warning: String comparison operator should be
> either == or !=
> "Makefile", line 59: Malformed conditional ((${OSVERSION} < 490102 ||
> ${OSVERSION} >= 500000 && ${OSVERSION} < 501107) &&
> !defined(PACKAGE_BUILDING))
> "Makefile", line 73: if-less endif
> "Makefile", line 73: Need an operator
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>
> Would really appreciate if someone could fix this. Would greatly like
> use this port.

Kris mentioned earlier that this is a bug in older versions of 'make'.
I get the same errors on 5.1-R, but Kris says the problem is fixed in
5.2. I don't think they're interested in finding a workaround. So,
both of us will need to update to 5.2 before being able to install
linuxpluginwrapper.

-- Adam